Chicken satay is the most common and widely distributed type of satay in Indonesia. It is a dish of seasoned, skewered and grilled meat, served with a sauce. Chicken satay is considered the national dish and one of Indonesia’s best dishes which served everywhere from street carts to fine dining establishments, as well as in homes and at public gatherings.
Chicken satay are really easy to make and wonderful on the barbecue! Below is a classic Indonesian recipe and the step-by-step instructions for Chicken Satay. This tasty and healthy recipe is the simple one and you will learn from a true Balinese cook. Check out the step-by-step instructions for Chicken Satay recipe below!
- 800g (1½ lb) chicken leg bone and skinless cut in 1cm x ¾cm stripes
- 3-5 bird’s-eye chilies, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp palm sugar
- ½ cup chicken spice paste
- 1 pinch sate skewers
- Combine meat, chilies, palm sugar, and spice paste and mix well.
- Spear four pieces of meat (16g) very tightly on a sate skewer, cover and marinate for 6 hours in refrigerator.
- Grill sates over very hot charcoal and baste frequently with basting mix.
CHICKEN SATE / Sate Ayam – Balinese Recipes at Nia Balinese Cooking Class Seminyak,
Nia Balinese Cooking Class, Get 50% Off. IDR
700 K – Only 400K, Call: 087761556688.
Free Pick Up only